Every year on April 22nd, we celebrate Earth Day where we show our appreciation for the planet. But caring for and showing love for our Earth can be done every day, not just today! Let’s all remind ourselves to take a few moments every day to think about how we can give back to our beautiful planet, even small changes and tokens of appreciation can make a big difference!
Here are 5 fun ways you can celebrate Earth Day today and every day of the year!
- Recycle: Taking a few moments to sort your trash and place products that can be recycled into a separate bin can make a huge difference! Turn it into a fun game – extra points to whoever puts the most items in the recycling bin!
- Reusable Bags: Using reusable bags when you go to the grocery store, farmer’s market, or pharmacy is so helpful for our planet! This is a much more sustainable option than plastic bags that can end up in our oceans. There are tons of options for reusable bags, like canvas, or even some made from recycled materials!
- Plant A Garden: You can grow your own produce right in your backyard! (Sounds pretty good during this quarantine, right?!) Having your own garden will help add more oxygen to the atmosphere, while giving you all the delicious vegetables you want. Make it fun by having the kids plant their own sections and watch their veggies grow!
- Make Your Own Cleaning Products: A lot of cleaning products can contain harmful chemicals that aren’t great for our environment. You can create your own by using vinegar and orange peels for a non-toxic cleaning experience! Have fun with different scents to best fit your taste.
- Get Outside: Yes, that is right, get outside and enjoy the beautiful planet that we live on. Getting out and appreciating the trees, the flowers and the fresh air will help remind you how precious our Earth is and that we need to all work together to keep it great!